Does learning English improve your career opportunities?
Simply, the answer is: Absolutely! You do not have to only study Professional English in improve your career opportunities. You have many different options available to you!
How can English help me professionally?
- Many countries around the world speak English. Additionally, it is often the nominated language to use in many industries such as aviation. Therefore, learning English gives you the skills necessary to advance a career in an industry where English is a required language.
- If you work in an international industry, having English language skills could benefit you. You could have the opportunity to travel or even live in different countries. It is important in many different industries such as retail, sales, administration, marketing, transportation, tourism, banking, law and many more.
- You could get ahead of other candidates when you are applying for a new job or a promotion by being proficient in English. Speaking English opens up a wide range of new opportunities both in your career and in your personal life.
- Showing you’ve learned a foreign language like English will show employers that you’re dedicated and have a work/study ethic. It also shows you are a dedicated and hard-working person. Employers look for these skills.
- Lastly, when you learn English at a London language school you get many chances to put your new skills into practice. You can talk with native speakers, and, perhaps you could even practise in your workplace environment.
What courses are suitable?
Now, we know how important learning English is for your career. Next, what course should you choose? At Rose of York, we have many specific courses that can help you further your career!
Cambridge Exam Preparation
Firstly, you could choose to study a Cambridge Exam course:
If you want to work in an English speaking country or study in an English-speaking college or university, there are many options available. It is very important that you have the right level of English and prove it with a good exam result.
By studying a FCE/CAE/BEC exam preparation course, you will:
- Improve your speaking and listening, reading and writing skills for the exam
- Strengthen your skills in weaker areas with personal learning plans and targets
- be more prepared with regular tests and mock exams
- become more familiar with the different accents you’ll hear in the exam
- Improve your language skills and level
One of the best things about Cambridge Exam certificates is that it never expires! Once you have passed the exam and received your certificate, you will always have that confirmation of your level. Our BEC exam preparation classes are a great way for you to improve your Professional English.
Alternatively, you can also study IELTS Exam Preparation!
English for Specific Purposes
Or, you can choose one of our English for Specific Purposes courses. These courses are tailored to key international industries and specific Professional English situations. There are many to choose from:
- Finance – if you work in banking or finance, then taking a financial English course could open up new opportunities for you. These opportunities might be to travel or even relocate internationally. Or, similarly, being able to work more closely with your colleagues and associates overseas.
- Medical – this is an ideal course for doctors, nurses and other medical professionals who want to develop the skills necessary to work in an English-speaking country.
- Law – this course is ideal for people who work in the legal sector. It will develop your terminology by focussing on vocabulary in the civil, common and criminal law areas while, additionally, developing your communication skills.
- Marketing – if you work in the marketing sector this course will teach you to plan, discuss, design and analyse consumer need. Whilst, also, building on your vocabulary and communication skills.
- Media – learn about a range of media topics while developing specialist language to write articles, adverts and many different forms of media.
- Tourism and Hospitality – If you work in the tourism or hospitality industries this is the perfect course for you. You will develop the language required to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues alike.
You can improves your professional English in many different ways. However, sometimes it helps to think outside the box. Therefore, take a look at of Professional English courses and do not hesitate to contact us for more information!
For more information on these courses give our friendly team a call on +44 (0) 207 580 9888, email us at [email protected] or visit us at 45 Oxford Street, W1D 2DZ