There are so many wonderful things to do and places to see in London. Just one of the many things London is known for, are the incredible London markets.
London Markets are ideal shopping destinations! They have everything from food, flowers, gifts, modern art, antiques, clothes and many, many more!
Have a look below for an overview of 6 markets London has to offer!
Alfies Antique Market
This is a bustling and lively Antique Market for decorative and unusual antiques. There are 75 specialists dealers, spread over five floors. There is also a roof top kitchen where you can enjoy panoramic views over London’s rooftops.
• It is open Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 6pm.
• Address: 13-25 Church Street, St Johns Wood, London, NW8 8DT.
Borough Market is a gourmet food market that consists of more than 100 stalls and stands. There is a wide range of fresh produce, brought from all over the country. These include fish, meats, vegetables, ciders, cheeses, breads, coffee, cakes and patisseries. Other stalls also specialise in imported goods.
• It is open from Monday to Saturday 10am to 5pm.
• Address: Borough High Street, Borough, London, SE1 9DE
Brick Lane Market
Brick Lane Market is a large East End flea market with street stalls selling antiques, clothes and bric-a-brac at bargain prices. There are several different markets: the Boiler House Food Hall, the Tea Rooms, the Backyard Market, the Sunday Upmarket and the Vintage Market. These markets sell a variety of things from vintage and handmade clothing, accessories, jewellery, music, arts and crafts and tasty street food.
• The Markets are open on Saturday from 11am to 6pm and Sunday from 10am to 5pm.
• The Sunday Upmarket is only open on Sundays and the Vintage Market is also open on Thursday and Friday.
• Address: Brick Lane, London, E1 5HA
This is one of the oldest chartered markets in London, over the years it has decreased in popularity but it’s having a revival. It is a buzzing centre of the community with a great selection of products from local farmers, artists and crafts people. There is an abundance of shops, restaurants and galleries lining the market street too. Products include fair trade coffee, homemade cheese and butter, organic meats, sea food and fresh fish, organic breads, cakes and pastries, clothes and health products.
• It is open on Saturday from 9am to 5pm.
• Address: The Broadway, Hackney, London E8 4QJ
Camden Lock Market
Camden Lock is at the heart of Camden Town’s thriving market area. It is open 7 days. There are many stalls and shops selling everything from Vintage clothing, hand-made jewellery, artwork, gifts, music and much more! There is also many delicious food stalls offering a large variety of different food.
• It is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year except Christmas day.
• Address: 54 – 56 Chalk Farm Road, Camden Lock Place, London NW1 8AF
Columbia Road Flowers
This market is the principal flower market devoted to selling plants, flowers and gardening equipment at reasonable prices. There are not just flowers though; there are also art galleries, cupcake shops, vintage clothes stores, garden and antique shops, English and Italian delis as well as pubs, cafes and restaurants.
• It is open every Sunday from 8am to 3pm.
• Address: Columbia Road, London, E2 7RG
See how many London markets you can visit this weekend. Read our blog next week for another 6 awesome London markets.