Rose of York Language School – Social Programme
At Rose of York we have a social Programme that consists of an activity every week and a film evening every Tuesday.
Social events are a great way to improve your English.
- They give you the opportunity to practice your speaking and listening outside the classroom, in real life situations.
- It also gives you the opportunity to meet other students that may not be in your class and make friends.
- Social activities are a great way to see and experience London culture.
- You will also get a fun and refreshing break from all your study.
Teachers have an involvement with our social programme.
A teacher will accompany you on each activity.
They are there to help navigate, answer any questions and most importantly have fun with the students!
Our Past Activities
Below are some of the activities we have had in the past.
- Visiting museums: These are very popular activities. They are great way to learn about and see famous London sights. We have visited many museums such as the V&A, British Museum, Science Museum, National Portrait Gallery, Museum of London. There will be fun tasks or activities given to students to complete while they are there.
- Every 5 weeks we hold a pub night for students over 18. This is to celebrate the completion of the 5 week test and all the hard work you have put in to your classes and study. It’s a great way to chat and get to know other students and staff in a friendly atmosphere.
- We often go walking or cycling around popular London destinations. For example picnic in Hyde Park, cycling along the Thames or visiting all the shops and attractions around Piccadilly Circus.
- Every Tuesday we have a film evening where you can relax with your schoolmates, eat popcorn and most importantly practice you listening skills. Films are a fun and a great way to practice your listening skills.
- We often go to seasonal events such as night markets, comedy nights, fireworks, photography exhibitions and many more.
See you at next week’s social event.
Check Facebook or school notice boards for details!