Inside the Classroom
At Rose of York, we want students to progress as quickly as possible from inside the classroom. Therefore, we encourage lots of communicative, interactive and enjoyable activities.
The best way to learn is to practise. Additionally, while you are in London you can make the most of your opportunities by speaking to the people you meet every day in many different situations.
You can participate in our varied social activities every week to get to know the other students. Moreover, practise using the English that you have studied inside the classroom and learn more about British culture.
Enjoy it and have fun!
To help you improve your English
There are many ways you could improve your English learning:
- Speak English inside the school.
- Arrive on time for your classes.
- Contribute to practical and useful speaking/communication tasks and games in class.
- Use and enjoy the authentic materials used in lessons.
- Buy a coursebook that you can keep and write in.
- Ask the teacher if you have any questions.
There are many places you can get extra learning materials from. The BBC Learning English website is a great place for English language students.
Technology in the classrooms
We believe that technology is a useful addition to language learning. Therefore, we incorporate our Interactive Whiteboard and computers when possible.
Students can access online study materials through our free Wi-Fi. Furthermore, we encourage our students to explore the world through the English language.
In general, Rose of York encourages all students to use their mobile phones (not inside the classroom, of course!) to do research tasks and access dictionaries.
Give your input and get feedback
Clearly, there is no school without student participation. Therefore, we strongly believe that input and feedback is crucial to maintain happy, smiling students. We ensure student participation through many different ways:
- Firstly, students and teachers work together to negotiate and agree on a weekly plan based on the syllabus and the students’ needs.
- Students have regular progress and achievement tests.
- Your teacher will have individual tutorials with students on a regular basis.
- Teachers offer homework and interesting self-study assignments every day.
- Finally, students will receive a final certificate when you leave stating your achievement level (students must maintain 80% attendance or above to qualify for a certificate).