10 Reasons to Learn English
English may well serve as one of the most difficult languages in the world to learn. Yet, there are also many reasons that English is one of the most powerful languages to learn.
Why learn English?
Here, we present ten of the best reasons.
The most commonly used language
Whilst Mandarin is the most spoken language in the world, English is the most commonly used language by foreign speakers. Therefore, making it the number one universal language that breaks down communication barriers. In fact, it is so common that one in five people can speak it!
English is one of the most difficult languages to master. Yet, despite this the English alphabet is far simpler that the sign based alphabet of Mandarin.
- China continues to threaten to overtake the USA in terms of technological innovation. However, it is the United States that remains one of the world leaders. And, what do Americans speak? That’s right – English.
- For those hoping to enter the field of science there are few languages as useful as English to master.
- There are around 400 million people worldwide who speak English. Therefore, this is a language that truly opens up doors of opportunity. Both, in terms of travel as well as job prospects.
- English is thought to be the language of the media industry. If you can’t speak English then you’re going to miss out on many books, music and TV shows.
- English is also the language that defines the internet. Most online websites are written in English. Therefore, if you can’t speak English you’ll be missing out on an entire section of the great information super highway.
- Beyond Science and technology, English is also the language of aviation and tourism. These four industries together, mean that speaking English is a great professional opportunity. When you’ve mastered English, you’ve gained the potential to work for globally based multi-national companies. Resulting in. possibly, working remotely and travelling the world.
Due to the size of English speaking countries, when you choose to learn this language you literally have the world at your feet. When it comes to choosing which country to study in (countries that actually amount to 53 in total), you have no lack of options.
Learning and Culture
Learning English isn’t all about employability and business. That is, learning this language is very often an enjoyable experience. Not only that, but, it’s also a way of learning about new cultures.